Sunday, June 7, 2009

Farm Town Inspiration

Creativity
Farmtown has inspired me. Spending time being creative has been lacking in my daily activities for quite some time. This is partly because I've been focused on getting my body back into shape since last August which has cut into my "spare" time considerably. But it is mostly because I have not kept activities that invoke creativity as a part of my routine.

So I've been spending a bit of time figuring out this Farmtown game on Facebook. I like it because you get to earn your coins through your own diligent and persistent work. It is also set up so that other people can benefit from your farm and earn coinage by helping you harvest your crops. You can then buy stuff at the store to put on your farm.

So far I've been buying land. I've maxed out the size of my farm, and now get to focus more on buying the other stuff, like paths and buildings, to decorate my farm. Here is where the creativity is really kicking in. Although it's not too hard to move stuff around, once you get a lot of stuff on your farm it takes quite a bit of time to shuffle things so you don't want to have to move a lot of stuff too often. Plus there are plenty of things to get--buildings, fences, trees, flowers (as of today), animals, wagons, hay bales, crates, etc.--so you kind of want to have your farm somewhat planned out in advance.

Business Development
There is also something else that I've been realizing by working my farm: how to turn small amounts of cash into a larger amounts by reinvesting your earnings into your business every time you turn a crop around.

When you first start your farm you have a small amount of land, a few coins, you "win" a daily coin allotment, and you can earn coins by tending other people's farms. If you carefully invest the proceeds from each harvest into an expanded planting for the next harvest, you quickly start to earn a whole lot more cash with every crop.

I know this isn't a stellar revelation for most people, and I have to say that I logically understood this process before playing Farmtown, too. But what I have noticed is that my understanding is sinking deeper and becoming more profound. I am realizing at a more cellular level the importance of re-investing your profits back into your business to support its ongoing growth.

So with my new found creativity and realization I shall boldly go forth and begin to put energy and money into the business that I have been neglecting these last two years and begin to make that thing pay for itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment